Hello, my name is Vanessa and I am a
recovering sugar addict.
Sugar makes me do crazy things. I once begged a stranger at a concession stand for the last box of Starburst Reds. Don’t judge me, you would have done the same! The man called me a joke and walked away but guess who had a box of Starburst Reds in her hands? ME!
Once okay maybe twice, I’ve woken up with empty candy wrappers beside my pillow. Oh and then there was this one time in college when I fell asleep sitting up on a couch with a bowl of ice cream nestled on my lap. I protect the things I love.
Sugar, it’s a hell of a drug! Studies have proven that sugar is more addictive than cocaine, so if you’re reading this and judging…ask yourself, what would YOU do for a Klondike Bar? Or a cup of coffee on a Monday morning after a 2.5 hours commute!?
Though I have lowered my daily sugar intake over the last year, the cravings have not subsided. Solution? Make a 90 Second Red Velvet Protein Cupcake. MTS Red Velvet Protein Powder is responsible for the cupcakes delicious bakery taste and vibrant red color. Enjoy it as a meal replacement, a snack, breakfast, or dessert!
Guys, run to your kitchen, make this cupcake, comment and share your opinion below, then repeat tomorrow…this cupcake is heavenly and look below at how healthy it is!
- MTS Red Velvet Protein Powder, 1 scoop
- Buckwheat Pancake Mix, 1 serving
- Water, 5 tablespoons (add more water if batter is too thick)
- Fage Fat Free Yogurt, 1 tablespoon
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 1 teaspoon
- Spray a microwave safe mug or ramekin with fat free, non-stick cooking spray
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and mix well
- Pour batter into a mug or ramekin and microwave for 90 seconds (monitor your cupcake to avoid batter overflow)
- Allow it to cool down for 5 minutes then, using a butter knife, carefully remove cupcake then plate
- Eat it as is or get crazy and top it with yogurt!
Nutritional Facts (w/o Greek yogurt and unsweetened cocoa)
- 303 calories
- 31g protein
- 5g fat
- 6g fiber
- 3g sugar
- 36g carbs