I came across this recipe on a lovely vegan blog I just discovered- Naturally Meghan. My jaw dropped when I read that I could eat dessert for breakfast. DESSERT FOR BREAKFAST? Thank you, Meghan!
Many people go without breakfast because they don’t have time to cook in the morning. Well, problem solved. Coconut Banana Chia Ice Cream is quick to make and it’s packed with fiber and healthy fats.
You don’t have to follow my exact recipe but it’s a great starting point. I can see a chocolate coconut banana ice cream in my near future! Mmmm chocolate for breakfast (Homer voice.)
Coconut Banana Chia Ice Cream
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen overnight
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (I use the 365 Whole Foods brand)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (I use So Delicious)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon for garnish
- fruit for garnish (I used pomegranate)
- Mix bananas and coconut milk in a food processor or a powerful blender for 40 seconds
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix until everything is incorporated and you have a soft serve ice cream consistency
- Garnish with fruit and a dash of cinnamon
It’s that easy. If you have a high-quality food processor, you don’t need anything more than the bananas to make a bowl of ice cream. But it’s so much fun to experiment. Give it a go!